Have you seen these prizes?!?! I’ll get to those in just a second… Passports with Purpose is raising money for Water.org to build wells in Haiti. Children have been particularly affected by the lack of clean water in Haiti–this is a preventable problem, one that your donation can help fix. The goal is $100,000, and December 11 is the last day. All donations go directly to Water.org and are tax-deductible. And for every donation, you can enter to win an awesome prize of your choice.
This project by Passports with Purpose reflects the travel blogging community’s commitment to give back, and I am honored to be participating this year. But what about you? Can you donate just $10 and enter to win a prize? Or donate a few times and enter to win a different prize for each $10?
What about those prizes?! OMG. Some of them are worth thousands of dollars and are the result of great connections with travel companies worldwide. Click on the orange links below to find out more about the prizes I love, or just go right to the Passports with Purpose donate page to get started donating and choosing prizes already. Enter to win ones you love, and choose some that you could give to family or friends. Here are my favorites:
1) A 21-day all-expenses paid photo tour of Nepal. That’s right. Amazing. Thanks to travel photographer Peter Carey for offering this one.
2) A 26-day tour through Central Asia. WOW. Another amazing prize offered by Wandermom.
3) 5 nights at a luxury resort in Mexico…A private villa at Hotel Banyan Tree on the Riviera Maya coast. This prize is being offered by Wandermom.
4) A week at a dude ranch in Montana for a family of 4. Spending time with horses and nature sounds like a great time to me. Offered by Trekaroo.
5) A European travel pack worth $1500, including a Eurail 1st class pass and a short-term apartment rental. A great package put together by Landlopers.com
6) 4-nights in a lovely apartment in Pisa offered by the team effort of my friend Alexandra of Arttrav and Gloria of At Home in Tuscany.
7) A 3-day family adventure at Big Sky, Montana–not only located in the beautiful mountains but also just one hour away from Yellowstone. Another great family travel prize offered by Trekaroo.
I will be entering to win all of them except #1 and 2 (those are really amazing prizes but not practical for me right now with two small children to think about). I would be overjoyed to win #3-7 and many others available on the Donate page. Better yet, I will be happy contributing to a great purpose–helping get people clean water in Haiti, a country that needs so much.
What about you? Let me know in the comments below which prizes are your favorites!